Saturday, April 4, 2009

Zac Efron Talks Turning Down “Footloose"

While it seemed just as good a career move as any, Zac Efron recently revealed his motivation behind turning down the lead role in the remake of “Footloose.” The “High School Musical 3: Senior Year” stud explained that while it was a promising gig, doing the “Footloose” movie was just more of the same for him. “I was looking for a new challenge, and this was another musical.” Efron continued, saying that he’s hoping to help his career evolve past the teen star status he currently holds. “I want to grow a bit with the types of movies I want to make.” Zac added, “It was more along the lines that I was looking for a new challenge, and this was another musical. I’m still figuring it out truthfully...I don’t know. It’s more about learning for me right now and trying as many things as possible.” The “17 Again” hunk said he looks up to “anyone who has tried new things and isn’t afraid to take risks. People that work hard. Leo [DiCaprio], Johnny [Depp], Michael J. Fox.”

No comments: