Sunday, September 20, 2009

Vanessa Hudgens Talks Teen Image

Though she became a household name thanks to her Disney contract, Vanessa Hudgens is now desperately trying to shed her teen idol image. The “High School Musical” babe told press that she’s ready to move on to a more adult career with new and challenging roles. “People think of me as the High School Musical girl. There’s nothing wrong with that. My character was a great role model, but I get so bored doing the same thing. I want to grow like everybody else.” Vanessa also explained how frustrating it is when people continually bring up her nude photo scandal. “It’s just really unfortunate, and to this day people hate me for it, but it’s not like I chose to put that out there in the world. It’s so aggravating and frustrating, and whenever anybody asks me, would I do nudity in a film, if I say that it’s something I’m not comfortable with, they’re like, ‘Bulls**t, you’ve already done it.’ If anything it makes it more embarrassing, because that was a private thing. It’s screwed up that someone screwed me over like that. At least some people are learning from my mistakes.”

No comments: